Monday 26 August 2013

Liebster Award

I am honoured that Molly of The Move to America has put my name forward as one of her nominations for the Liebster Award.


The award is a way of shouting out about blogs that you enjoy reading. Subsequently you then share information about yourself and open your welcome arms out to more lovely readers.

If you are nominated by me (see below) or are interested in taking part by shouting out about other bloggers you feel deserve a wider audience, the rules are simple:

  • share between 5-10 facts about yourself
  • nominate and link to 5-10 blogs you love that preferably, but not exclusively, have under 200 followers
  • link back and thank the person who nominated you
  • if you are nominated, you do not have to join in if you do not wish to
So here goes, some facts about me:

1. I think Bruce Springsteen is a god
I was introduced to this amazing musician by my parents. In fact they actually took me to my first Springsteen concert in Sheffield, England back in 1988 when I wasn't even a particular fan of his. Since that day I have been hooked and no other music comes near in my eyes. 

2. I'm a HSC
A recent self discovery, I'm a highly sensitive person. It means you won't see me standing on the podium at a major conference any time soon. 

The green mush that attempts to pass itself of as food is evil personified. Disgusting. Just looking at it turns my stomach.

4. I got married in the Dutch town of Hauwert
We tied the knot at Robacher's Watermill. It was in a truly beautiful setting and on a Saturday afternoon six years ago in front of our nearest and dearest. It strikes me today how different our wedding guest list would have looked if we married now..... (Oh, and the owner was a little cranky on the day...)

5. I am where I am because of the internet
My husband and I met online. In a chat room. The rest is history.

6. I liked black and purple clothes
As a teenager I wore a lot of black and purple, including nail varnish and on the odd occasion even lipstick. I recently went through my wardrobe and realised that most of my clothes were black so I went  out on a 'colour adding' shopping spree. Now my wardrobe is full of black, purple and red.......

So now you know a little more about me than you did five minutes ago. And now for my nominations. I confess that I don't read as many blogs as I used to because quite frankly with three young children there just aren't enough hours in a day. However, there are some I keep tabs on still on a regular basis:








1 comment:

  1. Yay! So pleased to see this post - and it is so great to read a little bit more about you!

    I like Springstein too but never went to a concert - just seen him on tv which I am sure is not the same!

    ReplyDelete